CW Estates Management Company Limited and Century Wharf RTM Companies Limited are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
Data Protection Principles
Information we hold about you must be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Adequate and relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept in a form that permits identification for no longer than necessary.
- Processed in a way to ensure the information is stored securely.
The information we collect.
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- If you are a leaseholder (or own a dwelling on an estate we manage), our basis for processing your data is a contractual one. If you are an occupier or other third party, then our lawful basis for processing your data is as a legitimate interest. It is necessary for us to process personal information so that we can perform our role as managing agent of your block and to protect our legitimate interests.
- We collect required information to enable us to act as managing agent, which helps us to, provide our leaseholders and occupiers within the blocks we manage with the services they expect to receive from a managing agent and to improve and develop our services and performance.
We may also use your personal information in the following situations, which are likely to be rare:
- Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests)
- Where it is needed in the public interest (or for official purposes)
Personal information means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified.
We may collect the following types of information.
- Names (first name, middle name, and family names)
- Company name
- Addresses (correspondence address, address of the property you own, billing address)
- Details regarding your property including full address, details of any lease and details of your lender (if applicable)
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
- Bank details
Sharing of your information
We may share your personal information with third party agencies and service providers, where there is a justified and necessary reason to do so.
We may also disclose personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required to do so by applicable law.
Disclosure & Protection of your information
Information may be held at our offices, third party agencies and service providers. We have security measures in place to ensure that there is appropriate security in place for the information we hold. Access to the information is only given to those who have the appropriate authorisation.
How long your personal information will be kept?
We only keep your personal information for as long as is reasonable and necessary to provide the service required which may fulfil statutory obligations.
We rely on legitimate interests as our lawful basis for processing personal information and it is necessary for us to process personal information so that we can perform our job as managing agent.
What are your rights?
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have various rights in relation to your personal information which can be provided free of charge.
- Fair processing of personal information and transparency with how we use your personal information.
- Update your personal information where it is out-of-date or incorrect.
- Delete personal information that we hold where it is no longer necessary for us to use it, or we have no lawful basis for keeping it.
- We will never sell or share your personal information with organisations for marketing activities.
- Restrict the way in which we process your information where you have asked for it to be erased or where you have objected to our use of it.
- Consider any valid objections to our processing of your personal information. Please contact us using the details below, providing details of your objection.
- Provide you or a third party with some of the personal information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, electronic form, so it can be easily transferred.
- Make no automated decision making which produce legal effects concerning you or significantly affect you. You also have certain rights to challenge decisions made about you. We do not currently carry out any automated decision-making.
We will respond to your request within the applicable statutory time-period. If we are not sure of your identity, we may require you to provide further information to verify who you are.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the guidance from the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) on individual’s rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
How to contact us:
Contact: Ryan Howells
By Email: email@example.com
By Post: CW Estates, Site Office, c/o Concierge Office, Century Wharf, Chandlery Way, Cardiff, CF10 5NG
How to make a complaint:
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about your use of your information. If you have a complaint about how we have used your information, please contact us using the details provided.
If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, then you have the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) for a decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Telephone: 0330 414 6421
By Post: ICO, 2nd Floor, Churchill House, Churchill Way, Cardiff, CF10 2HH